12/29/2017

Showering You With Love {or vellum hearts}

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful time with your loved ones! I am here with a last card for this year. After the christmas hustle and bustle, I finally had some time to play with a new (to me) stamp set from MFT. I made this card to enter the current SSS Wednesday Challenge "Anything Goes" and the Work It Wednesday Challenge:


The background was created with watercolors, I found instructions on how to make clouds on YouTube, so this is a new technique I used. The cute girl was stamped on cardstock and colored with Copics, then I paper-pieced her clothes and the umbrella with various patterned papers from MFT. After I had fussy-cut the image, I adhered it to the card with foam tape. I wanted the raining hearts to be translucent, so I die-cut them from colored vellum.

Thank you so much for visiting today!

Vanessa

2 comments:

Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan said...

We would like to extend the best wishes from our family to yours! May the New Year bring only good things to all of you!
Ryoma.

Lin said...

LOVE your paper-piecing, Vanessa, and the hearts raining down is a sweet idea! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!